Are you passionate about marketing and using innovative approaches to do so? Keen to work for a Wellington company that understands digital marketing and actively promotes its growth? Do you have plenty of ideas that are not being utilised in your current workplace? Then this job is for YOU!
If you enjoy working with a fun team that has a focus on continuous improvement and a range of interesting work, we offer all that and more because you will be joining a high functioning collaborative team and an organisation that genuinely makes a difference to our customer’s cost of living.
Who We Are
Since starting in Wellington in 2015, Monster Group has grown rapidly through hard work and a continual drive for success. We focused on the Australian market in our start-up phase. Our continued growth looks bright with our entry into NZ. Our organisation has successfully run recruitment and recruited great minds worldwide to help build our company. We started in the electricity comparison sector, then quickly diversified our interests into the Solar Industry & Broadband.
Why the Monster Group
1) 100% year on year growth for three straight years
2) A Young innovative company
3) Rewards hard work and a winning attitude
How can you contribute to our mission?
Our UX Designer will work within our digital marketing team, creating innovative solutions for a wide variety of product design challenges, including mobile, desktop/web, system, and conversational interfaces. With ambitious growth plans in 2021, we’re looking for talented individuals to join our new digital marketing team. We’re diligently preparing for our NZ business launch and looking for deeply experienced and passionate talent, which are not just looking for a “job,” but instead are driven to raise the bar and create new benchmarks within the comparison industry.
A little bit about the role
- Work collaboratively with designers, marketing specialists and developers on defining requirements, wireframes, storyboards, user flows, user interfaces and interactions, visual designs, prototyping, testing, and delivering pixel perfect design assets.
- Create overall concepts for the user experience ensuring all interactions are intuitive and easy for customers.
- Build storyboards and mock-ups to conceptualise designs to convey project plans to internal stakeholders and senior management accurately.
- Translate company goals and objectives into digital experiences
- Plan and define the strategy for the direction of future iterations
- Work with engineers to understand technology capabilities and constraints that may impact the execution of the design.
- Work within a collaborative team during the creative concept process. Assess concepts in terms of technical feasibility and contribute ideas to help refine accordingly.
- Keep abreast of competitor products and industry trends.
- Be a brand ambassador by contributing to brand voice, design systems, and usage guides across all assets.
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards
- Experience with product discovery and market research
- Minimum of 3 years experience designing for web and mobile.
- Strong understanding of web interactions: patterns, best practices, common challenges website developers face and solutions to those challenges.
- Familiarity with interaction design and information architecture
- Have advanced skills in Adobe Creative Suite, in specific XD, Illustrator, and Indesign
- Portfolio demonstrating interaction and visual interface design skills
- Experience working with cross-functional teams
- Experience working with start-ups is a bonus
- Have a collaborative, self-motivated, “always-learning” spirit, driven to improve user experiences everywhere at all times through smart design and applied effort.
- Demonstrate a commitment to do whatever is required to get the job done right and with enthusiasm.
- Ability to prioritise and manage several milestones and projects efficiently
- Love to work collaboratively in a group, you have an innate willingness to dig in and contribute with your team
- Strong creative and technical design skills and the ability to take a job from the concept stage to final delivery
- Strong communication skills and the ability to break down technical concepts to help other team members understand their importance.
- Willing to relocate to Wellington
What we value
At the Monster Group, we go by 11 core values that have steered us to success. Never Stop Learning, Opportunities Are Everywhere, Be Personally Responsible, Customer First, Trust the Process, No “I” in “Monster”, Radical Transparency, No Lazy Brain, Speed with Accuracy, Cutting Edge Technology and finally Mahia te Mahi!
How to Apply
If some or all of these resonate with your personality, then we want to hear from you! Please apply by filling out your information and clicking on the button below.